Featuring Over 150 Gluten-Free Recipes Made With Quinoa, Shipped Right to Your Door
Stewed Strawberry Quinoa with Poached Plums and Cinnamon Dessert Recipe
This delicious and healthy Stewed Strawberry Quinoa with Poached Plums and Cinnamon Dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth. Quinoa adds protein and fiber, and strawberries and plums add natural sweetness. The cinnamon and vanilla add a warm and comforting flavor to the dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the quinoa.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Combine the strawberries, honey, and cinnamon stick in a separate saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a low heat and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Poach the plum slices in water for 5-7 minutes, or until tender, in a separate saucepan over medium heat.
- When the quinoa is done, add the vanilla extract.
- Divide the quinoa among serving bowls and top with the stewed strawberries and poached plums.
- If desired, top with chopped almonds and extra cinnamon.
The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook
Kitchen Quinoa Fine Mesh Strainer
The Quinoa Cookbook
Quinoa with Greek Yoghurt, Red Currants and Blueberries Recipe
Grilled Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Quinoa, Kale and Pistachio Salad Recipe
Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Recipe